We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
- READY IN
- 4 Hr 30 Min
Ready for flaky layers of pastry overstuffed with a decadent chocolate filling? Good, because our Chocolate Napoleons are so delicious that you just might need to make more than one per person!
What You'll Need:
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry (from a 17-ounce box), thawed
- 2 (4-serving-size) packages instant chocolate pudding and pie filling
- 1 3/4 cups cold milk, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake pastry sheets according to package directions; let cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine chocolate pudding mix and 1-1/2 cups milk; whisk until thickened, then fold in whipped topping. Spread over 1 sheet of pastry. Place second pastry sheet flat side up over pudding. Using a baking sheet, press down over top to evenly distribute pudding and to flatten pastry, just until filling begins to ooze out the sides.
- In a medium bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and remaining milk until a smooth icing is formed. Reserve 2 tablespoons of icing and set aside.
- Pour remaining icing over top of pastry and spread to the edges. Stir cocoa powder into reserved icing until well blended. Spoon mixture into a resealable plastic bag and using scissors, snip off one corner of bag. Drizzle glaze in 12 lines lengthwise over icing. Gently drag a butter knife through the lines to create a swirled effect. (See photo.) Chill at least 4 hours, or until firm. Cut into squares and serve, or cover loosely and chill until ready to serve.
Since we know you'll love our easy and delicious Chocolate Napoleons, we'd like to suggest another dessert made with puff pastry, like our Apple Strudel!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Celebrate Mardi Gras with a New Orleans classic! Beignets are basically fritters, in that they're made from dough that's dropped into hot oil and deep-fried until golden and delicious. Before they're ready to be enjoyed our Mardi Gras Beignets are sprinkled with confectioners' sugar, just like they do in N'awlins!
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipes: 14 Recipes Using Condensed Milk
- Sweet Cherry Thing
- Magical Cream Cheese Recipes: 30 Cream Cheese Desserts
- Very Cherry Lasagna
- No-Bake Desserts Free eCookbook
- 42 Easy Strawberry Dessert Recipes
- Buttercream Frosting
- Quick & Easy Dessert Recipes: 500+ Great Dessert Recipes for Any Occasion
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Whipped Cream Desserts: 35 Whipping Cream Recipes