We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- READY IN
- 8 Hr 5 Min
No need to head out to an expensive Italian restaurant to enjoy the tastes of a classic tiramisu. Our Test Kitchen has come up with an easy version that satisfies your cravings without a lot of work or expense.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (16-ounce) package mascarpone cheese (see note)
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup brewed espresso
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 (3-ounce) packages ladyfingers
- 4 (1-ounce) bittersweet chocolate squares, grated
What To Do:
- In a bowl using an electric mixer on high speed beat first 4 ingredients 30 seconds, or just until blended.
- In a small bowl, stir together espresso and rum .
- Arrange 1 package ladyfingers in bottom of a 3-quart bowl or trifle dish; brush with half espresso mixture. Layer half mascarpone cheese mixture over ladyfingers; sprinkle with half grated chocolate. Repeat layers. Cover and chill 8 hours.
Mascarpone is a soft, fresh triple-cream dessert cheese with a fluffy texture. It's often sold in plastic tubs, if you can't find it, substitute 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened; 1/3 cup sour cream; and 1/4 cup whipping cream, beaten until blended, for 16 ounces of mascarpone cheese.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Apple Dumplings
- Very Cherry Lasagna
- 42 Easy Strawberry Dessert Recipes
- Buttercream Frosting
- No-Bake Desserts Free eCookbook
- Pina Colada Trifle
- Quick & Easy Dessert Recipes: 500+ Great Dessert Recipes for Any Occasion
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipes: 14 Recipes Using Condensed Milk
- Creamy Croughnuts
- Fabulous Chocolate Fondue