Elvis' Banana Fritters
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's no secret that Elvis loved the combination of banana and peanut butter. To celebrate the life and legacy of The King of Rock and Roll we fried up some banana fritters and drizzled them with a warm peanut butter and chocolate sauce. One bite of Elvis' Banana Fritters is all you need to feel "all shook up"!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 ripe bananas, finely chopped
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat oil to 375 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add egg yolks, milk, vanilla, and peanut butter, stir until smooth; mixture will be stiff. Stir in bananas.
- Gently drop banana mixture by heaping tablespoons into hot oil, a few at a time. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked in center, turning over during cooking. With a slotted spoon, remove fritters to a paper towel-lined platter. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Let cool 5 minutes, then sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve warm.
- To serve these Elvis style, drizzle them with some warm peanut butter or chocolate sauce!
- Wanna whip up a batch of your own chocolate sauce? Go ahead and follow our easy recipe so you'll never run out!
- Check out Elvis Presley's Graceland mansion and get some more Southern-style recipes by clicking here!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've made a rise 'n' shine pastry that you can enjoy with your morning cup of coffee that has...well, a twist to it! Our Chocolate Peanut Butter Twists are pretty enough to serve for a special brunch, but easy enough that anyone can make 'em. Plus, they feature everyone's favorite combo of chocolate and peanut butter!