Floating Swedish Cream
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 8 Min
This Swedish-style dessert is a creamy and custardy favorite that can be changed every time you make it just by adding different fruit! Our recipe for Floating Swedish Creme is great for holiday parties or for enjoying with loved ones!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1 envelope (1/4 ounce) unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (16 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
What To Do:
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, heat the half and half, gelatin, and sugar, stirring constantly for 8 to 10 minutes, until all the sugar is dissolved. Do not allow to boil.
- Remove from the heat and cool for 5 minutes. With a wire whisk, beat in the sour cream, and vanilla and almond extracts.
- Pour into a 9" glass pie plate and chill for 2 to 3 hours.
- Top with the sliced peaches.
This is great as is, or you might want to top it with any kind of fresh fruit that's in season.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The creamy chicken filling isn't the only thing that "bubbles up" in this Easy Chicken Bubble Bake. When you set it to bake with the biscuits on top, you'll find that the whole casserole "rises" to the occasion. What's the occasion? A fantastic evening dinner!