Fresh Apple Turnovers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Amish-style dessert is just what you need after a long day, and you won't even mind making them because this easy apple turnover recipe uses shortcut puff pastry. Served by themselves or with a scoop of delicious ice cream, you can't go wrong with our stress-free Fresh Apple Turnover recipe.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 apples, cored, peeled, and diced
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unfold puff pastry onto a cutting board and cut into 4 equal squares.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in apples, 1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, and cornstarch and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of apple mixture into center of each puff pastry square, leaving 1/2-inch border around edges.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg white and water. Brush edges of each square with mixture. Fold each square into a triangle. Using a fork, press edges to seal. Brush top of each puff pastry with remaining egg white mixture and sprinkle with remaining sugar. Place turnovers on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown.
- These easy apple turnovers can be frozen and heated in a 425 degree oven for about 4 minutes.
- Don't forget to check out these other 34 Easy Apple Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Who says you have to go outside to make an amazing BBQ dinner? Not us! With our recipe for Skillet Barbecued Chicken you can cook up a summer favorite...indoors! So, whether it's snowing, raining, or you just don't feel like firing up the grill, this barbecue chicken recipe is just perfect. Trust us, every bite is lip-smackin' good.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipes: 14 Recipes Using Condensed Milk
- Sweet Cherry Thing
- Magical Cream Cheese Recipes: 30 Cream Cheese Desserts
- Very Cherry Lasagna
- No-Bake Desserts Free eCookbook
- 42 Easy Strawberry Dessert Recipes
- Buttercream Frosting
- Quick & Easy Dessert Recipes: 500+ Great Dessert Recipes for Any Occasion
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Whipped Cream Desserts: 35 Whipping Cream Recipes