We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These Hummingbird Muffins are a modern day version of the 1950's-style Hummingbird Cake that we all love. They start out with a cake-mix (making them super easy!) and are filled with delicious nuts, cinnamon, and fruit.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained with juice reserved
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ripe banana, cut up
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries, well drained, divided
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 18 muffin cups with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oil, pineapple, eggs, and cinnamon. Add enough water to reserved pineapple juice to make 1/2 cup; add it to bowl then beat with an electric mixer until mixture is thoroughly combined.
Stir in banana, 1/2 cup walnuts, and 1/4 cup cherries; mix well then pour into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with remaining nuts and cherries.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 to 15 minutes, then remove from muffin cups. Let cool completely.
Did you know? This recipe was one of best-loved recipes of 2012! Click here to find out what else made the list.
- Want even more tasty cake mix recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Tempting Cake Mix Recipes: 30 Simple Recipes with Cake Mix.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've taken quiche to a whole new level with our Steakhouse Onion Quiche recipe. You won't believe the savory flavors that melt together in your mouth! There's so much steak and ooey gooey cheesiness in this one dish that the family just won't be able to resist.