We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Napoleon desserts are oh-so-good, but can sometimes be a bit difficult to make. Well, now with our Napoleon Trifle, it's as simple as can be! It's still got that yummy baked pastry, along with all the other Napoleon flavors you love, but in a trifle dish! It comes together so easy, and is packed with so much flavor, this is one you're going to make again and again!
What You'll Need
- 1 (17-1/4-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 (4-serving-size) package instant vanilla pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed (see Tip)
- 1/2 cup chocolate flavor syrup
What to Do
- Unfold puff pastry and place each sheet on a baking sheet. Bake according to package directions, until golden. Allow pastry to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk pudding mix and milk until thickened. Stir in half the whipped topping until thoroughly mixed.
- Break up puff pastry into large pieces and place one-third of them in the bottom of a trifle dish or large glass bowl. Spoon half the pudding mixture over that and drizzle with one-third of the chocolate syrup. Repeat layers then top with remaining pastry pieces, remaining whipped topping, and remaining chocolate syrup.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Test Kitchen Tip
- For really rich flavor and texture, whip 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream and use that instead of the whipped topping.
- One of our most popular trifle desserts is the Death by Chocolate! It's brimming with so much goodness, you won't be able to get enough.
- Plus, for something a little different, but super flavorful, try our Candy Bar Brownie Trifle! It's perfect for kids and adults alike!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 349
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20g 31 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 56 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 6.2g 12 %
- Cholesterol 29mg 10 %
- Sodium 237mg 10 %
- Total Carbohydrates 37g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6 %
- Sugars 16g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This ain't your momma's deviled egg recipe! We decided to give this recipe a Buffalo-style twist! That's right, we took all the classic flavors and added in some hot wing sauce! Top it off with some bleu cheese crumbles, and you better believe our Buffalo-Style Deviled Eggs will have everyone saying, "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"