Pumpkin Doughnut Holes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Versatile canned pumpkin is the secret to loads of favorite autumn and holiday recipes like our to-die-for Pumpkin Doughnut Holes. These easy fritter-like treats cook up fast in a skillet. They're awesome served warm, topped with confectioners sugar.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat until hot.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients except confectioners' sugar; mix well.
- Drop pumpkin batter by level tablespoonfuls into hot oil and fry 2 minutes or until golden, turning at least once. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining batter. Roll doughnut holes in confectioners' sugar; serve warm.
We're thinking that mugs of hot caramel apple cider would be the perfect go-along for these tasty morsels!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Southern potato bake is comfort food at its best. You will love the creamy texture and rich flavors of this casserole, which is loaded with hash browns and Cheddar cheese. Everyone at your table is going to be asking for second helpings of this Southern hash brown casserole! Whether you serve this dish for brunch or dinner, it's sure to be a hit. And luckily, because it's so easy to make, you won't mind that your family asks you to make it again and again.