We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 20 Min
The combination of strawberries and rhubarb makes this sauce a red-letter gem. Its ruby red color and rich taste make it just right for fancying up any plain dessert.
What You'll Need:
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3/4 cup dry red wine or grape juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons water
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, combine the strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, cinnamon stick, and wine. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water, stirring until smooth. Add to the strawberry-rhubarb mixture and stir for 3 to 4 minutes, until thickened. Discard the cinnamon stick and allow the mixture to cool. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Makes about 5 cups.
Turn ice cream, cake, pudding, or even fresh fruit into a special dessert by topping it with this versatile sauce.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We had a little fun in the Test Kitchen and turned your favorite banana bread upside-down! Our Upside-Down Banana Bread is great as-is or served with some vanilla ice cream. Just be warned, no matter how you decide to eat it, it'll be hard to stop at just one piece!
- "That Cherry Stuff"
- "Just Peachy" Fluff Salad
- No-Bake Desserts Free eCookbook
- Almond Munch
- Cherry Sour Cream Tortes
- Buttercream Frosting
- Whipped Cream Desserts: 35 Whipping Cream Recipes
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipes: 14 Recipes Using Condensed Milk
- Ooey Gooey Microwave Treats
- 42 Easy Strawberry Dessert Recipes