Soft Chocolate Marshmallow Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You had these devilishly good store-bought treats growing up, but once you make them yourself you'll never switch back.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, sugar, and egg until creamy. Add the cocoa.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the shortening mixture, alternately with the milk and vanilla.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- While baking, beat the remaining ingredients together until smooth and creamy, to make the filling.
- Remove the cookies to a wire rack. Frost the flat side of half of the cookies with the filling and put the remaining cookies on top, making sandwiches. Refrigerate to firm up the filling.
Makes about 20 sandwiches.
When dropping the dough, flatten it lightly to get a wider, thinner cookie 'cause they rise while baking.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This is the perfect potato casserole for any occasion. It's just as good with your weeknight dinner as it is served for a company-fancy meal. Our Anytime Potatoes are creamy, dreamy, and easy to throw-together. And the crispy topping makes them extra-special!