Valentine's Day Chocolate Cups
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 8 cups
- CHILL TIME
- 25 Min
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
Surprise your sweetheart with Valentine's Day Chocolate Cups! Fill these chocolate cups with your favorite sweet, and you'll be ready to serve a romanitc dessert that will take Hubby by surprise. This chocolate cup recipe is an easy and delicious way to bring the romance back to your dinner table on Valentine's Day, or any day you feel like letting him know how special he is!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 8 small round balloons (see Note)
What To Do:
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- In a medium saucepan, melt chocolate and shortening over low heat 1 to 2 minutes, stirring just until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Allow to cool to point where chocolate is not hot enough to pop a balloon, but is still pourable.
- Inflate balloons to about size of an orange; tie knots to seal. Starting halfway from knotted end, spoon chocolate over outside of balloons, completely covering outside bottom half of each. Allow excess chocolate to drip off bottom of balloons and place them on lined baking sheet.
- Chill 25 to 30 minutes, until chocolate is firm. Carefully pop balloons and remove them from chocolate cups. Chill cups until ready to serve (see suggestions below).
- Anyone with an allergy or sensitivity to latex should NOT make or consume these dessert cups.
- Serve each chocolate cup filled with about 1 cup of your favorite mousse, pudding, fruit, or ice cream, and garnish for Valentine’s Day! Or when you simply feel that your dessert would taste better in a chocolate cup!
- For other tempting treats, download our Recipes for Romance: 30 Valentine's Day Desserts and Drink Recipes free eCookbook.
- Be sure to check out our collection of Romantic Recipes for Valentine's Day, or our collection of Easy Dinner Recipes for Two!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.