We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These sweet, lighter-than-air puffs used to be just for royalty, but now they're for everyone. It's a good thing too, because we love them! That's why we're whipping up some Homemade Marshmallows that are perfect for any marshmallow occasion; toast them for s'mores, plop them in a mug of your favorite hot coco, or just eat them as is. This Homemade Marshmallow recipe is going to change how you serve up sweets!
What You'll Need
- 4 envelopes unflavored gelatin (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 cups cold water, divided
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
What to Do
- Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix gelatin in 1/2 cup cold water and let soak 5 minutes.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine remaining 1-1/2 cups water and the granulated sugar; heat 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Add gelatin mixture and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until gelatin is dissolved. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, place in a large bowl, and allow to cool at room temperature until lukewarm.
- Add vanilla and with an electric mixer on high, beat mixture 5 to 7 minutes or until it becomes very thick and snow white. Pour into baking dish and let sit at room temperature 4 to 6 hours or until firm. Cut into 1-inch squares.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar and cornstarch. In batches, toss marshmallow squares in this mixture until evenly coated. Store in an airtight container.
- Nothing goes better with marshmallows than hot chocolate; check out this recipe for our Old-Fashioned Hot Cocoa!
- For more warming drink recipes, try our White Hot Chocolate, or our Peanut Butter Cup Cocoa.
- And for you tea-lovers, we've got Zesty Butterscotch Tea!
- Plus, every comforting drink needs a little something sweet. Try these Shortbread Tea Cookies for a special treat!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 96
- Calories 28
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Saturated Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 0.3g 1 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 0.3mg 0 %
- Total Carbohydrates 6.9g 2 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 6.6g 0 %