Root Beer Dogs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The original corn dogs, known as "Corny Dogs," debuted in 1942 at the Texas State Fair. Tasty Root Beer Dogs are an update of a classic recipe: They get their tasty twist from root beer soda, which makes the batter lighter and more flavorful.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups pancake and baking mix
- 1 cup root beer soda
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 8 hot dogs, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine pancake and baking mix and soda; mix well.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Dip hot dog chunks into batter, coating evenly, then place in skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden on all sides. Place on a paper towel-lined plate and repeat with remaining hot dog chunks. Serve immediately.
- Serve these with your favorite mustard or mustard sauce.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- How to Make Meatloaf: 20 of Our Best Meatloaf Recipes
- Cozy Mealtime: 16 Old-Fashioned Brisket Recipes and Pot Roast Recipes
- Cheese Dogs
- Pronto Pups Corn Dogs
- Let’s Get Grilling!: 30 Easy Grill Recipes Free eCookbook
- Dressed Up Weenie Wellingtons
- Mr. Food's 24 Best Grilling Recipes
- City Hot Dog Guide
- Easter Meat Pie
- Stromboli in a Flash