Root Beer Dogs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The original corn dogs, known as "Corny Dogs," debuted in 1942 at the Texas State Fair. Tasty Root Beer Dogs are an update of a classic recipe: They get their tasty twist from root beer soda, which makes the batter lighter and more flavorful.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups pancake and baking mix
- 1 cup root beer soda
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 8 hot dogs, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine pancake and baking mix and soda; mix well.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Dip hot dog chunks into batter, coating evenly, then place in skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden on all sides. Place on a paper towel-lined plate and repeat with remaining hot dog chunks. Serve immediately.
- Serve these with your favorite mustard or mustard sauce.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
How about lasagna for dinner...and dessert?! With our recipe for Very Cherry Lasagna, you can surprise your family with an unexpected dessert that's sweet, creamy, and full of cherry goodness. We'll be honest, this one is really amazing and super simple!
- How to Make Meatloaf: 20 of Our Best Meatloaf Recipes
- Mr. Food's 24 Best Grilling Recipes
- All in One Kielbasa
- 20 Comfort Food Recipes
- Pronto Pups Corn Dogs
- Our Best Burger Recipes: 20 Simple Hamburger Recipes You've Gotta Try
- Dressed Up Weenie Wellingtons
- Hot Ham and Cheese Roll Ups
- Cozy Mealtime: 16 Old-Fashioned Brisket Recipes and Pot Roast Recipes
- Cheesy Hot Dog Casserole