Antipasto Salad with White Bean Dressing
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is no longer reserved for fancy Italian restaurants. Now you can enjoy it at home and no one will guess how simple it was to throw together. That's okay, let 'em think you fussed.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 pound rainbow rotini
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 head lettuce, separated into leaves
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and cut into quarters
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna in water, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can great Northern beans, rinsed, drained and divided
- 2 small tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced
- 4 ounces feta cheese, cut into cubes or crumbled
- 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 3 tablespoons milk or as needed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
What To Do:
- In a medium-sized pot of boiling salted water, cook the rotini to desired doneness; drain, cool, and return to pot. Toss the rotini with the oregano.
- On a large serving platter, make a bed of lettuce; arrange the rotini, artichoke hearts, tuna, olives, 1/2 the can of beans, tomatoes, cucumber, and onion slices attractively.
- Distribute feta cheese over everything.
- In a food processor or blender, make the dressing by processing the remaining 1/2-can of beans, oil and mustard until smooth; add enough milk to make the desired dressing consistency. Season the bean mixture with the lemon juice, salt and white pepper. Serve over the antipasto salad.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.