Chilled Stacked Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chilled Stacked Salad is a colorful and easy make-ahead layered salad that is perfect for easy summer entertaining. It's among our favorite easy salad recipes for potluck parties. We know once you start stacking, you'll never want to stop!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 head romaine or iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 3 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (3-ounce) container real bacon bits
What To Do:
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and garlic powder; mix well.
- In a large glass bowl (see Note), layer half the lettuce then half the bell pepper, onion, corn, celery, mayonnaise mixture, and cheese. Repeat layers once more then top with bacon bits.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving. Toss just before serving.
Using a trifle dish or large glass bowl with straight sides allows us to see all the colorful layers of this salad.
Refreshing salads are always welcome! Why not try our Best Ever Tuna Pasta Salad?
- Want even more of the best potluck recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Must-Have Potluck Recipes: 37 Recipes for Parties, Potlucks, Dinners, and More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Don't be surprised if your next-door neighbors come knocking on the door after getting a whiff of your Slow Cooker Country Pot Roast. The smell of this tender beef roast cooking up in your slow cooker all day is enough to get everyone rushing to your dinner table!