Chop Chop Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1/2 cup per serving
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
This crunchy and good-tasting chopped salad is always a hit because of the combo of textures and flavors. Chop Chop Salad goes with everything from a picnic sandwich to a weeknight main dish.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cucumbers, seeded and finely diced (see Tip)
- 1 large tomato, seeded and finely diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, vinegar, sugar, mint, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients; toss to mix well.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tips!
- To seed a cucumber, just slice it in half lengthwise, then scoop out the seeds with a melon baller or a spoon. And while you're at it, why not hollow out some tomatoes to serve this in? Then you'll have a side dish that's also a pretty, edible garnish.
- For more summer salads, try our Best Broccoli Salad or our Summer Potato Salad!
- Plus, you'll love our Fresh Chunky Salsa, and all of these Homemade Salsa Recipes.