Great Garbanzo Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Garbanzo beans add a whole lot of protein to this fresh-tasting macaroni salad. It's a great picnic or anytime side dish that looks as good as it tastes. Serve this macaroni salad with your favorite picnic main dishes and dig in!
What You'll Need:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 2 tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper. Add pasta and remaining ingredients; toss until evenly coated.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Did You Know?: Chickpeas and garbanzo beans are one and the same. Some folks just choose to call them "chickpeas" while others call them "garbanzos." Garbanzo beans are a nutrient-rich legume/vegetable, since they're packed full of protein, vitamins, and minerals. This makes them a great addition to any of your meals!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We paired two American favorites to make one outrageously good summer recipe. Our Mac & Cheese Burger is a big juicy burger that's topped with lettuce, pickles, bacon, and...macaroni and cheese! Make these burgers at your next cookout and we're sure you'll have the most interesting burgers on the block!