We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Corn, snap peas and carrots give this recipe a Heartland taste, and soy sauce and lime juice give it a fusion-inspired flair. Try Snappy Salad tonight!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups corn kernels (about 4 ears fresh corn, hulled)
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10-ounce) package matchstick-cut carrots
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
What To Do:
- Bring a soup pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the corn, cover, and return to a boil.
- Remove pot from the heat, add sugar snap peas, cover, and let stand for 5 minutes; drain, and let vegetables cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, vinegar, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, minced garlic, and salt.
- Cut cooled corn off the cob and add to the bowl along with the sugar snap peas and carrots. Add cilantro, if desired, and toss until well combined.
- Serve, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a party or attending a potluck? Break out the pita chips and set out a bowl of this Summer Party Salad. This diabetic-friendly salad is full of color, taste, and nutrition 'cause it's loaded with a variety of delicious summer veggies!
- Fried Green Tomatoes
- Ratatouille ("Garden Relish")
- Garden-Fresh Zucchini Recipes: 24 Summer Recipes with Zucchini
- Homemade Microwave Pickles
- Easy Eggplant Recipes: 22 Simple Recipes with Eggplant
- Zucchini Squares
- Fried Cabbage
- Refrigerator Cucumber Pickles
- Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 28 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More
- Sweet Onion Casserole