Bread Bowl Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This bread bowl chili recipe is so easy and hearty, it'll fill you up in no time! Edible bowls make it easy for the gang to clean their plates, so serve up this easy chili recipe when you're looking for a no-fuss meal. What makes this hearty beef chili recipe so easy? It's served up in individual Kaiser rolls, so you just have to make the chili! This is the perfect way to make bread bowl chili at home without a lot of work. And if you're looking for even more easy recipes with simple recipes like ground beef, grab yourself a copy of our free cookbook: 25 Quick & Easy Recipes for Ground Beef.
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (15-ounce) cans red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 ounce envelope onion soup mix
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 8 Kaiser rolls
What To Do:
In a large pot, combine ground beef and garlic over medium-high heat, and brown 10 minutes.
Add crushed tomatoes, kidney beans, onion soup mix, and chili powder; mix well and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut a 1-1/2-inch circle off the top of each roll and remove bread circles. Reserve circles to serve with chili for dunking. Hollow out rolls, leaving 1/2 inch of bread around sides, creating bowls.
- Place bread bowls on plates and spoon chili into them, allowing chili to overflow.
- Make sure to have sour cream, chopped onions, and shredded cheese on hand to use as chili toppers for this homemade bread bowl chili recipe!
- If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our free eCookbook, World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.