Ham and Bean One Pot
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A vegetable trinity of chopped onion, celery, and peppers is the crunchy, tasty start to this hearty Ham and Bean One Pot. If you've got a hungry bunch, this one is sure to stick to their ribs.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 green bell pepper with seeds removed, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cooked ham
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Navy beans, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black-eyed peas, undrained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add green pepper, onion, and celery, and cook 7 to 9 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the remainig ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 344
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 1.7g 9 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 24g 48 %
- Cholesterol 36mg 12 %
- Sodium 1,843mg 77 %
- Total Carbohydrates 41g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 10g 41 %
- Sugars 1.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This cookie recipe combines two of Mrs. Claus' holiday favorites: gingerbread and eggnog! Mrs. Claus' Holiday Cookie Cups look great on a Christmas cookie platter, but they taste even better. After all, what could be better than a gingerbread cup filled with a fluffy eggnog cream? (Rumor has it that Santa and the elves really love these!)