Sicilian Beef One Pot
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When the weather demands warm, comforting meals, nothing fits the bill better than a good old stick-to-your-ribs one-pot. The Italian flair adds an extra level of comfort to this stew.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds beef stew meat, trimmed
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
What To Do:
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the black pepper. Roll beef in flour mixture, coating completely. In a soup pot, heat 3 tablespoons oil over high heat until hot; brown beef on all sides for 5 minutes.
- Remove beef from pot; set aside. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, garlic, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pot, and cook 5 minutes, or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients, including remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; return beef to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 1-1/2 to 2 hours, or until beef is fork-tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 638
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34g 53 %
- Saturated Fat 9.8g 49 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 64g 129 %
- Cholesterol 176mg 59 %
- Sodium 1,134mg 47 %
- Total Carbohydrates 16g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6 %
- Sugars 2.3g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Satisfy your cravings for pumpkin cake with our recipe for Autumn Pumpkin Dump Cake. This pumpkin dump cake combines some of your favorite flavors of fall, so you can enjoy the flavors of the season any time you want! Plus, this is such a quick and easy dump cake recipe that you can make it any time you want. Just combine your ingredients and bake and you'll be enjoying a sweet pumpkin cake in no time!