Dutch Apple Pancakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In Holland, these fluffy pancakes are often served with a variety of both savory and sweet fillings. Our wholesome Dutch Apple Pancakes are perfect for breakfast, brunch or a novel dessert.
What You'll Need:
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (20-ounce) can sliced apples in water, drained
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat 2 (9-inch) cake pans with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, mix eggs, flour, and milk with an electric mixer; beat until smooth. Add the 2 tablespoons melted butter and the salt; beat well then pour mixture into prepared cake pans, distributing evenly.
Bake 10 minutes then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until puffy and golden.
Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Stir in remaining ingredients, except confectioners' sugar, and heat 3 to 5 minutes, or until apples are heated through.
- Remove pancakes to a serving platter then spoon half the apple mixture over each pancake, dust generously with confectioners' sugar, and serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.