French Toast in a Mug
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Breakfast on-the-go just got even better with our French Toast in a Mug recipe! In just about two minutes you can have a decadent breakfast that tastes like the perfect cross between french toast and rich bread pudding. Add a drizzle of syrup to take it over the top!
What You'll Need
- 2 slices bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Coat a 12-ounce microwaveable coffee mug with cooking spray. Place bread cubes in mug and press down lightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk, egg, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Pour egg mixture over bread cubes and let soak in for 1 minute.
- Microwave on high 1 minute, then add 10 seconds at a time till it's set.
- We used challah bread for this but feel free to use whatever bread you have on hand.
- Serve with maple syrup or sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- There are lots of yummy dishes you can prepare with a mug and a microwave! Try our Chocolate Mug Brownie and our Mexican Coffee Cup Scramble for 2 delicious options!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!