Mexican French Toast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Everyone loves French toast, so why not take it across the border and put a tasty twist on it? Our Mexican French Toast breaks with tradition for a novel brunch-worthy version of this favorite breakfast treat.
What You'll Need
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
What to Do
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla until well blended.
Cut each tortilla into quarters then place in egg mixture. Gently stir to completely coat tortillas. Allow to soak 10 minutes, or until softened.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add 4 tortilla quarters and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden, turning halfway through cooking. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Repeat with remaining butter and tortillas. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve immediately.
Strawberries are the perfect topping, either fresh or frozen and thawed, along with real maple syrup.
If you love French toast as much as we do, here are some other delicious recipes to try: Chocolate Banana Baked French Toast and French Toast Souffle will start your day out right! (Although they'd be great any time of day!)
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 408
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19g 29 %
- Saturated Fat 9.5g 47 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 9.5g 19 %
- Cholesterol 125mg 42 %
- Sodium 627mg 26 %
- Total Carbohydrates 50g 17 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.7g 7 %
- Sugars 17g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The family is going to rave over these budget-friendly skillet pork chops! Made with a box of shortcut stuffing mix, and lots ooey gooey cheese, our "Unstuffed" Stuffed Pork Chops are layered to perfection. It's a dish that looks and tastes like it's fit for royalty, so there's no need to tell everyone just how budget-friendly it actually is!