Veggie Marinara Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Nothing shouts fresh better than a homemade marinara sauce. Our Veggie Marinara Sauce comes packing fresh zucchini, onion, garlic, tomatoes and basil. Why buy bottled when homemade is so easy and we can skip all those preservatives?
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium-sized zucchini, diced
- 1/2 medium-sized Spanish onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable or tomato juice
- 8 medium-sized plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat and saute zucchini, onion, and garlic 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes, allowing flavors to “marry.”
- If you’ve got extra sauce, be sure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator; it should keep that way for up to a week.
- You'll feel like a hero when you make your own sauce. Here's an easy and delicious Vodka Sauce you can try!
Be one of the first to get a copy of our latest cookbook, Mr. Food Test Kitchen: Quick & Easy Comfort Cookbook! Click here to order now!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We paired two American favorites to make one outrageously good summer recipe. Our Mac & Cheese Burger is a big juicy burger that's topped with lettuce, pickles, bacon, and...macaroni and cheese! Make these burgers at your next cookout and we're sure you'll have the most interesting burgers on the block!