Award-Winning Mac 'n' Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We "dressed-up" ordinary macaroni and cheese with a few extra-special ingredients to make for a crunchy, cheesy, creamy, Award-Winning Mac 'n' Cheese recipe. We're sure your gang will agree that this macaroni and cheese recipe deserves an award for "Best Dinner in a Tasty New Role."
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Havarti cheese
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 6 ramekins or a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large pot, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside. In the same pot over medium heat, melt 1/2 cup butter. Add flour, salt, pepper, dry mustard, and paprika; mix well. Gradually add milk and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Add cheeses and continue stirring until melted.
- Return macaroni to pot and stir until well combined. Spoon into ramekins.
- In a small bowl, melt remaining butter in microwave. Stir in crackers and mix until evenly coated. Sprinkle evenly over top of macaroni.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes, or until heated through.
Watching the Oscars with friends? Here are some tasty ideas for an Award-Winning Oscar Party Menu.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 935
- Calories from Fat 460
- Total Fat 51g 79 %
- Saturated Fat 31g 154 %
- Trans Fat 1.0g 0 %
- Protein 35g 70 %
- Cholesterol 137mg 46 %
- Sodium 1,277mg 53 %
- Total Carbohydrates 83g 28 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.2g 13 %
- Sugars 12g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.