Chop Suey Pasta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We named this recipe after a popular Chinese take-out dish that has a little bit of everything thrown in together. Our Chop Suey Pasta is an American version full of all of our dinner favorites, like ground beef, cheese, pasta, and more!
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 pound (12 ounce) small pasta shape, like small shells or elbows
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (10-1/2 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water cook pasta to desired doneness; drain and place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute celery and green pepper until tender, then drain off excess fat.
- Return vegetables to skillet and add ground beef; cook beef until no pink remains. Add ground beef-vegetable mixture to pasta. Gently stir in tomato soup, add salt and pepper, then stir in 1 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Place mixture in aprepared 2-quart casserole dish and top with remaining 1 cup of Cheddar cheese. Bake 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You don't need a fancy rotisserie to make the best roasted chicken - all you need is a Bundt pan! Our Herb Roasted Bundt Pan Chicken is so moist and flavorful, you'll wonder why you've never tried roasting your chicken like this before. (We just love how the chicken picks up the flavors from the herbs and wine in the pan!)