Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Draw your family to the table with our easy recipe for homemade macaroni and cheese! Sure to bring back childhood mealtime memories, this classic macaroni and cheese recipe is pure comfort on a plate.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (8-ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/4 cups (9 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons Italian-flavored breadcrumbs
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Cook macaroni according to package directions until firm; drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour, and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add milk, salt, and pepper, and cook over medium heat until mixture starts to bubble, stirring occasionally.
- Remove mixture from heat and add 2 cups cheese, stirring until melted. Add macaroni; mix well then pour into prepared baking dish.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until mixture is bubbly and top is golden.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 632
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33g 51 %
- Saturated Fat 21g 103 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 28g 57 %
- Cholesterol 99mg 33 %
- Sodium 1,179mg 49 %
- Total Carbohydrates 55g 18 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.1g 9 %
- Sugars 8.3g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You don't need a fancy rotisserie to make the best roasted chicken - all you need is a Bundt pan! Our Herb Roasted Bundt Pan Chicken is so moist and flavorful, you'll wonder why you've never tried roasting your chicken like this before. (We just love how the chicken picks up the flavors from the herbs and wine in the pan!)