Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Draw your family to the table with our easy recipe for homemade macaroni and cheese! Sure to bring back childhood mealtime memories, this classic macaroni and cheese recipe is pure comfort on a plate.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (8-ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/4 cups (9 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons Italian-flavored breadcrumbs
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Cook macaroni according to package directions until firm; drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour, and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add milk, salt, and pepper, and cook over medium heat until mixture starts to bubble, stirring occasionally.
- Remove mixture from heat and add 2 cups cheese, stirring until melted. Add macaroni; mix well then pour into prepared baking dish.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until mixture is bubbly and top is golden.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Between the freshness of the lemon, the snap of the asparagus, and the richness from the butter, it's hard to say what you'll love best about our Lemon Chive Asparagus. This healthy and elegant side dish is a must-make - especially in the spring!