Extreme Bacon Mac 'n' Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This macaroni and cheese is extra-cheesy and full of smoky goodness! It's made with three different kinds of cheese, including a smoked Gouda which gives it a unique and tasty flavor (especially when you pair it with bacon!). Everyone in the family is going to enjoy digging into this Extreme Bacon Mac 'n' Cheese.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded, extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded, smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese curds, coarsely chopped
- 6 slices crispy-cooked bacon, crumbled
What to Do
- In a soup pot, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In the same pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour, salt, and pepper; stir to mix well. Cook about one minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually whisk in milk; bring to a boil and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in cheddar and Gouda cheese until melted. (Do not add cheese curds yet.)
- Return macaroni to pot; mix well. Add cheese curds and bacon; stir and cook until cheese is all ooey-gooey and mixture is heated through.
Can't get enough macaroni and cheese? Check out our collection of Best Mac and Cheese Recipes!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 829
- Calories from Fat 401
- Total Fat 45g 69 %
- Saturated Fat 26g 132 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 41g 82 %
- Cholesterol 144mg 48 %
- Sodium 1,415mg 59 %
- Total Carbohydrates 64g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.5g 10 %
- Sugars 7.2g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.