Happy Kids Macaroni and Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Happy Kids Macaroni and Cheese won't just make your kids happy, its rich and creamy taste will make everyone happy.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- In a soup pot, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In the same pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour, salt, and pepper; stir to mix well. Gradually whisk in milk; bring to a boil and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in Cheddar cheese until melted.Return macaroni to pot; mix well. Add mozzarella cheese and cook until cheese is melted and mixture is heated through.
- This is sure to create smiles when you pack it in your kids' lunch thermoses. If they have it along with a cup of low-fat milk, they'll be well on their way to getting their daily calcium requirements.
- Why not bring a lovely, old-fashioned end to this meal with our delicious Fried Apples!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 691
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 32g 49 %
- Saturated Fat 20g 98 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 36g 71 %
- Cholesterol 100mg 33 %
- Sodium 1,015mg 42 %
- Total Carbohydrates 64g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.5g 10 %
- Sugars 6.7g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)