New Twist Macaroni and Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've got a '50s comfort food mixed with a today twist. What's the twist? Here's a hint...it's the salsa! You've gotta try our New Twist Macaroni and Cheese.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 (16-ounce) container reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
- Prepare macaroni according to package directions. Drain, rinse, and drain again; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, egg whites, salsa, milk, mustard, salt, and pepper; mix well. Add Cheddar cheese and mix well. Add macaroni and toss until well mixed.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese and bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until lightly browned.
For a little added color, sprinkle on 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes along with the Parmesan.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 578
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21g 33 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 62 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 30g 59 %
- Cholesterol 58mg 19 %
- Sodium 923mg 38 %
- Total Carbohydrates 66g 22 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.8g 11 %
- Sugars 4.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The best home fries are still the ones made in diners, you know the places that are nicknamed "greasy spoons." There's just something special about the taste of potatoes slung around a sizzling hot grill and mixed with the flavors of eggs and bacon that can't be beat. Wait until you try these - they're a breakfast (or anytime) winner.