Pasta with Mushrooms
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Without a heavy sauce or cream, this easy mushroom pasta is the perfect healthy mushroom pasta recipe you've been looking for. Now, you can throw together an easy restaurant-fancy pasta dish in no time. Our recipe for Pasta with Mushrooms pairs stuffed tortellini pasta with a light sauce and mushrooms, for a perfect vegetarian pasta recipe that will still fill you up. For even more vegetarian recipes that will fill you up, check out our full collection of 75+ Easy Vegetarian Recipes!
What You'll Need
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh cheese-filled tortellini
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Portobello mushroom caps (about 6 ounces), sliced
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided (see Tip)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add garlic, and saute 1 minute. Add mushrooms and saute 4 to 6 minutes, or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Add remaining 3 tablespoons butter, the Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon basil, and the pepper to skillet; mix well.
- Serve tortellini topped with sauteed mushrooms and sprinkled with remaining 1 tablespoon basil.
- Time-Saving Tip: Let kitchen scissors save you work and time. Simply snip the fresh basil for this recipe (and other herbs for other recipes) with kitchen shears instead of chopping them.
- For more tasty mushroom ideas, check out our collection of 35 Mouthwatering Mushroom Recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This easy yet elegant version of prime rib will rival anything you can find at the fanciest restaurant. Our Test Kitchen made sure that this one is low on work and high on good taste. Perfect for holiday entertaining or enjoying all year long.