Penne with Veggies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Penne with Veggies is a healthy pasta option chock-full of fresh taste! What makes it extra-special is that it cooks up in less time than it would take to order take-out. And the taste? As they say in Italy, "Molto Bene!"
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion (about 1/4 onion)
- 1 cup chopped carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- 1 cup broccoli florets, cut in half
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (26-ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach
- 1 (16-ounce) package penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat and saute garlic, onion, carrots, broccoli, and yellow pepper for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Stir in marinara sauce, salt, crushed red pepper, and spinach; reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions; drain well. Toss pasta with sauce mixture and sprinkle with basil and Parmesan cheese.
Recipe adapted from and courtesy of www.dreamfieldsfoods.com.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This colonial-style brown bread is actually cooked inside of a can and it's a New England favorite! Our Boston Brown Bread is moist and flavorful on its own, but it's even better when you slather on some butter or cream cheese right before serving!