Perfect Pesto Pasta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether you serve it hot or cold this is a winning pasta dish. Our Perfect Pesto Pasta gets its light, summery fresh taste from ingredients like kale, garlic, olive oil, and basil. Plus, this pasta is a beautiful, bright green, that makes it perfect for serving to company!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup olive oil, divided
- 4 cups chopped fresh kale
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 (1-ounce) package fresh basil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (16-ounce) package rigatoni pasta
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add kale and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until wilted.
- Place kale in food processor, add remaining oil, the pine nuts, garlic, basil, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, the salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Process until smooth.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and place in a large bowl. Add kale pesto and tomatoes to pasta, and toss gently until evenly coated. Sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese and serve.
Want some more ways to enjoy delicious pesto? Try these!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 712
- Calories from Fat 396
- Total Fat 44g 68 %
- Saturated Fat 6.7g 34 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 16g 31 %
- Cholesterol 7.3mg 2 %
- Sodium 538mg 22 %
- Total Carbohydrates 65g 22 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.6g 18 %
- Sugars 4.4g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.