Shrimp Mac 'n' Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Shrimp Mac 'n' Cheese puts a tasty spin on classic homestyle macaroni and cheese. When your gang tastes this variation, seafood mac and cheese will be their new favorite! The shrimp adds just the right fresh and unique taste to transform a classic mac and cheese recipe into an all-new dinner sensation that your gang will be begging for again and again. As macaroni and cheese recipes go, this is one of our favorites, too!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning (Old Bay)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 pound cooked medium-sized shrimp, cut in half
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
In a large soup pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour, seafood seasoning, salt, and pepper; mix well. Gradually add milk, bring to a boil, and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in 3 cups cheese until melted.
Add cooked macaroni and shrimp to cheese sauce and stir until thoroughly combined; pour mixture into prepared baking dish and sprinkle top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until heated through and top is golden.
- Seafood? Pasta? Yum! Our tasty Shrimp and Pasta Toss has got everything you need.
- Looking for more easy weeknight dinners? Check out our free eCookbook, Easy Weeknight Dinners: 20 Recipes for the Busy Cook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We paired two American favorites to make one outrageously good summer recipe. Our Mac & Cheese Burger is a big juicy burger that's topped with lettuce, pickles, bacon, and...macaroni and cheese! Make these burgers at your next cookout and we're sure you'll have the most interesting burgers on the block!