Shrimp Mac 'n' Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Shrimp Mac 'n' Cheese is a seaside version of that classic comfort dish. The shrimp gives it an added flavor of summer, but this creamy, dreamy mac and cheese recipe is perfect all year round. One bite, and we know this is going to be your new favorite. It's an all new mac and cheese dinner sensation that you'll want again and again.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound pasta shells
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed butter crackers
- 1 pound cooked and peeled medium-sized shrimp
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In a large soup pot, melt 4 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, seafood seasoning, salt, and pepper, and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Gradually add milk, bring to a boil, and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in 3 cups cheese until melted.
- When sauce is smooth, remove from heat, add cooked pasta, shrimp and mozzarella cheese and stir until thoroughly combined. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine crushed butter crackers with remaining 2 tablespoons of melted butter; sprinkle on top of the casserole. Bake 20-30 minutes, or until heated through and the top is golden.
Test Kitchen Tip
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Believe it or not, this Chinese Cabbage 'n' Chicken Salad is a favorite in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen. It's requested at least once a month and devoured within the lunch hour. Most of us agree that it's the homemade Asian-style dressing that really makes this recipe amazing, but we'll leave it up to you to be the judge!