Southwest Steak and Pasta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
An exciting, spicy way to enjoy steak and peppers in the Old Southwest tradition!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) linguine or other long pasta shape
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 of a green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 pound top round steak, thinly sliced, then cut into thin strips
- 1 jar (25 to 29 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
What To Do:
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until tender; drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil until hot; saute the onion and peppers over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the beef and saute, stirring constantly, until brown. Remove from the heat and transfer to a 9" X 13" baking dish. Add the pasta and mix.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a medium-sized saucepan, heat the spaghetti sauce, cumin, salt, and black pepper.
Mix the sauce with the pasta, beef, and vegetables; top with the cheese and place in the oven for 1 to 2 minutes, or just until the cheese melts. Serve immediately.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 455
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 19g 29 %
- Saturated Fat 6.8g 34 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 28g 57 %
- Cholesterol 72mg 24 %
- Sodium 1,089mg 45 %
- Total Carbohydrates 41g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.4g 18 %
- Sugars 10g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.