Spinach Pasta and Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Bet you'll never guess what makes this super skillet side dish so good and good for you - why, this is probably one of Popeye's favorite ways with his favorite food...spinach!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup mini ring pasta
- 1 cup long- or whole-grain rice
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 (10½-ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pasta and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden, stirring frequently. Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
Rings, orzo, or any type of miniature pasta can be used - even alphabet pasta for an educational as well as tasty side dish.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This colonial-style brown bread is actually cooked inside of a can and it's a New England favorite! Our Boston Brown Bread is moist and flavorful on its own, but it's even better when you slather on some butter or cream cheese right before serving!