Spring Vegetable Couscous
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Try this easy, Middle Eastern variation on Pasta Primavera when it's warm outside and there's a cool breeze. Spring Vegetable Couscous won't let you down. It's great by itself or as a refreshing side dish.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 medium-sized zucchini, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 medium-sized yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package couscous
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add zucchini, carrot, bell pepper, and onion, and saute for 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Add peas, water, salt, and black pepper; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add couscous; mix well. Cover and allow to sit for 5 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff lightly with a fork, and serve.
I like to call this "leftover couscous," because I dice and add whatever cooked vegetables I have on hand.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
How about lasagna for dinner...and dessert?! With our recipe for Very Cherry Lasagna, you can surprise your family with an unexpected dessert that's sweet, creamy, and full of cherry goodness. We'll be honest, this one is really amazing and super simple!