Tex-Mex Chili 'n' Pasta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a great way to combine some favorites - Tex Mex and Italian. And, boy, do they ever work well together.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds stew beef, diced into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 pound twist or elbow macaroni
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add stew beef and garlic and brown lightly. Add chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt and stir to coat beef.
- Add tomatoes and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add spaghetti sauce, then continue to cook, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta to desired doneness; drain and place in a large bowl. Spoon beef mixture over hot pasta and serve.
Why not try topping this with grated sharp cheese, chopped onions, or chopped jalapeno peppers?
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 647
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 21g 32 %
- Saturated Fat 5.7g 29 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 46g 92 %
- Cholesterol 105mg 35 %
- Sodium 451mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 66g 22 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.4g 18 %
- Sugars 3.3g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.