Tossed Spring Veggie Pasta
This 20-minute dish is one of the best spring vegetable pasta recipes and it's fit for a family!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Spring into the season with an easy skillet pasta recipe that's bursting with light and fresh flavors. Our Tossed Spring Veggie Pasta recipe features bright and fresh veggies, like tomatoes and asparagus, as well as some yummy herbs and crumbly cheese. It's a welcome change of pace!
If you're on the hunt for the best spring vegetable pasta recipes, this one should definitely be on your list! It's light yet satisfying, which is the perfect combination for spring weather. Unlike winter pasta dishes, this one isn't weighed down by a bunch of sauce and yet it's just as delicious and comforting - just lighter for the season!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound bow tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh basil
Spring Veggie Pasta Recipe Instructions
- In a soup pot, cook pasta according to package directions; drain, place in a serving bowl, and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil; cook asparagus, bell pepper, and garlic 5 minutes, or just until tender. Add tomatoes, chicken broth, onion powder, salt, and pepper; cook 5 minutes, or until hot.
- Pour vegetable mixture over pasta, toss gently with goat cheese and basil, and serve immediately.
Our Amazing Asparagus Quiche is another tasty indication that spring has sprung! Get it here: Amazing Asparagus Quiche
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 430
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 5.3g 27 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 17g 33 %
- Cholesterol 20mg 7 %
- Sodium 465mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 62g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.1g 16 %
- Sugars 4.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a recipe that's anything but taxing! Uncle Sam's Pulled Pork is a budget-friendly, weeknight winner. In this recipe, we slow cook boneless pork butt to perfection with some chopped onions and a can of cola. A little BBQ sauce and it's ready to go! Just pile it onto a roll along with some of our homemade coleslaw and you're set for lots of "yum!"