The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 24 pieces
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
They'll go nuts over this buttery treat! Our Bakery-Style Baklava features layers of flaky phyllo dough, cinnamon-sugar, walnuts, and buttery goodness. After it's baked till golden, we drench it with a honey butter sauce, so that each bite is crispy, crunchy, and gooey. It's a delicious treat unlike any other!
What You'll Need
- 3 cups chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 sticks European-style unsalted butter, melted, divided (see Note)
- 1/2 (16-ounce) package frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 1/2 stick European-style butter (see Note)
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine walnuts, sugar, and cinnamon; set aside. Brush a thin layer of butter over the bottom of a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- Unroll the phyllo dough sheets onto a flat surface. Remove one sheet of phyllo and place in bottom of baking dish, trimming, if necessary, to fit. Brush lightly with butter. Repeat with 6 more sheets, then sprinkle half the nut mixture over the phyllo. Place a sheet of phyllo over nut mixture and lightly brush with butter. Repeat 4 more times. Sprinkle remaining nut mixture over phyllo, then layer with 7 more sheets of phyllo, brushing each with butter.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the unbaked baklava on the diagonal in a diamond pattern before baking 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine Syrup ingredients. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour evenly over baklava. Let sit 2 to 4 hours, or until completely cooled, before serving.
We tested this recipe using Wüthrich Unsalted European Butter. European-style butter has a creamier texture and richer flavor. It's made with fresh sweet cream and churned for a higher milk fat content, which makes it extra special for baking. For more great recipes using European-style butter, visit www.grassland.com.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Warm Bacon Dressing
Mmm! Any salad would love to be dressed with this easy-to-make Warm Bacon Dressing! But don't stop there...it's great over almost any vegetables.