We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 24 pieces
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
They'll go nuts over this buttery treat! Our Bakery-Style Baklava features layers of flaky phyllo dough, cinnamon-sugar, walnuts, and buttery goodness. After it's baked till golden, we drench it with a honey butter sauce, so that each bite is crispy, crunchy, and gooey. It's a delicious treat unlike any other!
What You'll Need
- 3 cups chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 sticks European-style unsalted butter, melted, divided (see Note)
- 1/2 (16-ounce) package frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 1/2 stick European-style butter (see Note)
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine walnuts, sugar, and cinnamon; set aside. Brush a thin layer of butter over the bottom of a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- Unroll the phyllo dough sheets onto a flat surface. Remove one sheet of phyllo and place in bottom of baking dish, trimming, if necessary, to fit. Brush lightly with butter. Repeat with 6 more sheets, then sprinkle half the nut mixture over the phyllo. Place a sheet of phyllo over nut mixture and lightly brush with butter. Repeat 4 more times. Sprinkle remaining nut mixture over phyllo, then layer with 7 more sheets of phyllo, brushing each with butter.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the unbaked baklava on the diagonal in a diamond pattern before baking 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine Syrup ingredients. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour evenly over baklava. Let sit 2 to 4 hours, or until completely cooled, before serving.
We tested this recipe using Wüthrich Unsalted European Butter. European-style butter has a creamier texture and richer flavor. It's made with fresh sweet cream and churned for a higher milk fat content, which makes it extra special for baking. For more great recipes using European-style butter, visit www.grassland.com.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got a delicious and guilt-free way to enjoy apple coffee cake! This recipe comes from our new diabetic-friendly cookbook, Guilt-Free Comfort Favorites. Don't worry, we're not sacrificing any of the taste. In fact, just one bite, and you're going to be hooked! Don't be surprised when family and neighbors are lining up outside your kitchen for a taste of our Guilt-Free Apple Lovers' Coffee Cake!