Easy Funnel Cakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Remember those delectable fried funnel cakes you used to get at the fair? Well, now you can make these Pennsylvania Dutch treats at home with our recipe for Easy Funnel Cakes.
What You'll Need:
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Oil for frying
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, and vanilla until well blended. Add to flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, heat 1-inch of oil until hot.
- Holding a finger over bottom of a funnel with a 5/8-inch opening, pour 1/2 cup of batter into funnel. Drizzle batter into hot oil, swirling it in circles from center outward. Fry until golden, turning once. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Repeat until all batter is used. Serve warm.
- Use the batter right away, or it will thicken too much to pass easily through the funnel! If it does get too thick, you can add a little milk to thin it out.
- If you love State Fair food, you'll want to check out our other fair favorites!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Between the freshness of the lemon, the snap of the asparagus, and the richness from the butter, it's hard to say what you'll love best about our Lemon Chive Asparagus. This healthy and elegant side dish is a must-make - especially in the spring!