Lightning Quick Baklava
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It takes hours to make traditional baklava, and that's fine when we have the time. But when we don't, this shortcut version is ready quick as lightning, and that's how fast it'll disappear from the table.
What You'll Need:
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (from a 17 ¼-ounce package), thawed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup (½ stick) butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry sheet to a 10-inch square then cut into 2-inch squares; place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine walnuts, sugar, and butter; mix well. Spoon mixture evenly into center of each square. Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until pastry is golden.
- In a small bowl, combine corn syrup, honey, and lemon juice; mix well. Brush evenly over tops of hot pastry squares. Allow to cool on wire racks and serve, or store in a flat airtight container until ready to serve.
These disappear fast, so if you're expecting a big crowd, bake a second batch with the second sheet of puff pastry. (Of course, double the remaining ingredients.)
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This colonial-style brown bread is actually cooked inside of a can and it's a New England favorite! Our Boston Brown Bread is moist and flavorful on its own, but it's even better when you slather on some butter or cream cheese right before serving!