Amish Bakery Custard Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 7 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
- READY IN
- 7 Hr 45 Min
This Amish bakery classic has all the hallmarks of homemade goodness, but our Amish Bakery Custard Pie can be made with a flaky-as-can-be store-bought crust, if we're looking for an easy shortcut.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (9-inch) baked pie crust*
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon for sprinkling
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Whisk in the half-and-half and cook over medium heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, add butter, brown sugar, and vanilla and stir until butter is melted. Pour into baked pie shell and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- Bake 35 minutes; center of pie will not be set. Cool pie 1 hour, then refrigerate 6 to 8 hours, or until ready to serve. Pie will set upon chilling. Cover for longer storage.
*Use frozen, refrigerated, or your own homemade pie crust.
- Here's another Amish dessert we think you'll love! Plus, check out more of our dessert favorites with this collection of 14 Classic Amish Dessert Recipes.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check our collection of Dessert Ideas: Top 9 Recipes with Cinnamon.
- Plus, if you're looking for more sweet treats like Amish Bakery Custard Pie, check out our collection of 74 Easy Pie Recipes, Plus 5 Homemade Pie Crusts.
Did you know? This pie is also referred to as the "finger pie"! That's because the filling is traditionally stirred with a finger to avoid breaking the delicate crust. You can stick to your spoon for this recipe - we promise we won't tell! It's a delicious treat that's sure to please.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Two of your favorite flavors come together in this delicious cake recipe. Our Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cake is topped with a fluffy layer of marshmallow creme and a creamy-smooth peanut butter frosting that's oh-so-delectable and simply irresistible!