Apple Pie on the Grill
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Grilling is certainly American, and so is apple pie. Team them together for our super-patriotic dessert Apple Pie on the Grill.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 4 cups peeled, thinly sliced baking apples (about 4 apples)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup crushed ginger snaps
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 6 single-serving graham cracker tart shells
What to Do
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. In a large cast iron or other heavy skillet with a heat-proof handle, melt butter and saute apple until almost tender.
- In a small bowl, combine both sugars, the crushed ginger snaps, cinnamon, and cornstarch; sprinkle mixture over apples. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring until a thick dark sauce forms. (Depending on the juiciness of the apples, 1 to 2 teaspoons of water may need to be stirred in to thin the sauce.)
- Remove mixture from heat and spoon into tart shells. Serve warm, or chill until ready to use.
When removing the skillet from the heat, use a pot holder and be careful because the handle gets mighty hot. These "pies" can be served plain or topped with whipped cream or scoops of frozen yogurt, custard, or ice cream.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've come up with a modern day way to serve up a classic dessert, and we're sure you're going to love it! Our Boston Cream Pie Poke Cake features everything you love about Boston Cream Pie, including yummy yellow cake, creamy filling, and a layer of homemade chocolate glaze. This easy poke cake will quickly become one of your favorites!