Gingersnap Streusel Pumpkin Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 30 Min
The secret ingredients to this sweet, golden creation are the honey-roasted almonds and the cinnamon. That's all we're saying, though, because we don't wanna give the warm taste away too much. We promise you'll enjoy!
What You'll Need
- 1 (3-pound 1-ounce) package frozen pumpkin custard pie
- 10 gingersnaps, coarsely crushed
- 1/3 cup honey-roasted almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Remove and discard paper circle from pie. Place frozen pie on heavy baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Stir together crushed gingersnaps and remaining 5 ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over pie.
- Bake 1 hour, shielding top of pie with aluminum foil after 30 minutes (see Note).
It's always best to shield your pie crust about halfway into its baking time. This will protect the crust edges from overbrowning. Cut out a square of aluminum foil large enough to cover the pie. Cut the center out of the square, and mold the foil ring around the edges of the pie. You'll have a golden crust every time.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.