Gooey Amish Caramel Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 8 Hr 15 Min
Got a sweet tooth? If you do, then our Gooey Amish Caramel Pie may just satisfy your cravings. The rich sweetness of the caramel mixed with the crunchy pecans goes perfectly with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9-inch) baked pie crust
- 1 cup pecan halves
What To Do:
- In a medium saucepan, bring brown sugar, water, and butter to a boil over medium-high heat; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, milk, and egg yolks; mix well. Slowly stir flour mixture into boiling mixture, stirring constantly for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, and let cool 5 minutes.
- Pour into baked pie crust and garnish with pecan halves. Let cool 30 minutes then refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
Top with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with caramel sauce. Pie will be gooey...and yummy, too!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our recipe for a one-pot Classic Chicken Fricassee will make you feel good through and through. It's made to taste just like the kind you grew up eating, featuring yummy veggies like celery, onion, carrots, and mushrooms. We love it over curly noodles!