Grandma Millie's Apple Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When our dear friend, Grandma Millie, shared her apple pie recipe with us, she said, "This one's a classic, just like me!" One bite of Grandma Millie's Apple Pie and you'll know exactly what she meant. This pie has got so much down-right goodness baked in, it's never going out of style!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 assorted apples, peeled, cored, and cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie crust
- 1 teaspoon milk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar, the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves; mix well. Add apples and butter and toss until evenly coated.
- Unroll pie crust and place in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate, pressing crust firmly against pie plate. Spoon apple mixture into crust, then place remaining crust over apples. Pinch edges together to seal, then flute. Using a knife, cut four 1-inch slits in top. Brush milk over crust and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until crust is golden.
- Here in the Test Kitchen we used a combination of Granny Smith, Rome, and Jona apples.
- To make this even more traditional-tasting, try making your own Homemade Pie Crust!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 0 %
- Saturated Fat 0.0 0 %
- Trans Fat 0.0 0 %
- Protein 0.0 0 %
- Cholesterol 0.0 0 %
- Sodium 0.0 0 %
- Total Carbohydrates 0.0 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 0 %
- Sugars 0.0 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a nostalgic strawberry shortcake recipe, our Icebox Strawberry Shortcake Bars will make you feel like a kid again. The creamy strawberry taste is perfect for an outdoor picnic, a get-together, or as a romantic dessert.