We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Cool, refreshing and minty are just a few of the words that describe our creamy Grasshopper Pie. And in case you aren't familiar with it, don't worry. The grasshopper part of this pie is named after the drink, not the insect.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 2 cups (about 20) finely crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup green creme de menthe liqueur
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
What To Do:
Coat a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine melted butter and cookie crumbs. Pat mixture firmly over bottom and sides of pie plate, forming a crust; chill.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk. Stir in lemon juice and liqueur then fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon mixture into chilled crust then cover and chill 4 hours, or until set.
This looks great garnished with the crumbs from an extra cookie, and fresh or candy mint leaves.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
At first glance, you might think this is a rice dish, but it's actually a pasta side dish! Ya see, orzo is a small, rice-shaped pasta, that's often used interchangeably with rice. In our recipe for Orzo Mushroom Toss, we used orzo for its nuttier flavor, which goes great with the fresh mushrooms!